Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

u6crash

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2007
DeKalb, IL
Trying to go back to a dual monitor setup to watch Lynda.com videos while I work on the app in another screen. Using an BenQ G2400W that I used years ago with the same setup using a DVI cord to the Apple MiniDisplay adapter.

Two days ago I first set it up and I had to test a couple connections, but eventually it fired up. Now, having shut down or restarted my computer I can't get the external monitor to come up. So far I have used the option key to get "Detect Displays" to come up. I've reset the NVRAM and SMC. Checked all the connections (power, MiniDisplay, DVI to monitor) and still nothing. When I connect either the DVI or MiniDisplay adapter, the screen on the MBP blinks like it's about to detect the other monitor, but doesn't.

This might not frustrate me so much if it wasn't working just two days ago. I have a DVI to MiniDisplay cord on the way to see if that might help. I'd appreciate any suggestions in the meantime.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.