Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jshie123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2021
Sterling Heights, MI
Just upgraded to Monterey on my 13” M1 MacBook Pro and now my external monitor will not work. However if I go to preferences it does see the monitor. This is going to be hard using a 13” monitor for editing pictures.

djmange

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2021
Finland
Hi,
I have also a problem with my second external monitor (LG W1942TE). Primary monitor Samsung U28R55 connected with DisplayPort works fine.
The LG monitor is connected with a 'DVI-DVI'-cable + a 'HDMI-DVI'-adapter to the Mac Mini M1 2020. Everything was working fine on the Big Sur 11.6.
Look at the attached photo. That's how it looks now.
I would recall that there was the same problem in the past with the first versions of the Big Sur on a new Mac Mini M1 2020.

Any solutions to fix this or do I have to wait for some macOS updates again?

IMG_6491.jpg

GoetzPhil

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2019
My Samsung SA850T UltraHD is connected via Thunderbolt to Displayport and still under Monterrey I have to unplug the cabel when I need to wake him up.

Jshie123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2021
Sterling Heights, MI
Just upgraded to Monterey on my 13” M1 MacBook Pro and now my external monitor will not work. However if I go to preferences it does see the monitor. This is going to be hard using a 13” monitor for editing pictures.
Just purchased a thunderbolt to hdmi cable to plug directly into the laptop and it works. Unfortunately that takes up one of the two I have and now my dongle doesn’t have any thunderbolts available so I can’t plug in my time machine drive. Off to the store to buy ANOTHER adapter. Sometimes I think these companies make more money selling adapters.

merle222

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2021
Philadelphia, PA
I am also very frustrated since my brand new Asus monitor was working fine with my 13 inch 2020 MacBook Pro. After I upgraded to Monterey I am getting an "out of range" error message on the monitor and no picture! I am connecting the monitor to the MacBook via HDMI and cable into a usb to usb-c adapter. I am so sick of staring into the tiny 13" screen when I have this beautiful new monitor that I can't use all of a sudden! Help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.