Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kiki_tt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2017
Is it possible to extract the firmware from the phone itself?

Has it been ever done before?

Looking for an activated iphone ipsw 10.3.2 ios extracted from an iphone 6s+

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
What are you trying to do?
The .ipsw file is just the iOS install file that you can download via itunes.
That file does not contain any user information such as contacts, pictures, texts, emails etc...

kiki_tt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2017
What are you trying to do?
The .ipsw file is just the iOS install file that you can download via itunes.
That file does not contain any user information such as contacts, pictures, texts, emails etc...
I was thinking that an extracted ispw pulled from an activated iphone could be restored on anther phone?....ok it is a way to bypass activation lock..if this question is out of line, illegal etc...I apologize and will not seek or ask any further...just wondering if it has been done ... ie extracted the ispw file

Secondly...can a restore of the .ipsw be done without itunes.... or is the checksum always done...I'm a android fan by default...just wondering if similar is possible with the apple community

Last edited:

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
Nope, there is absolutely nothing you can do. Mission impossible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Applejuiced

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
I was thinking that an extracted ispw pulled from an activated iphone could be restored on anther phone?....ok it is a way to bypass activation lock..if this question is out of line, illegal etc...I apologize and will not seek or ask any further...just wondering if it has been done ... ie extracted the ispw file

Secondly...can a restore of the .ipsw be done without itunes.... or is the checksum always done...I'm a android fan by default...just wondering if similar is possible with the apple community

Lol :D
Not going to happen bud.
And no you cannot restore without using itunes.
You cannot bypass activation lock.
That's on Apples activation servers side.
It can only be removed by entering the correct Apple ID and password that's associated with or by showing Apple proof of ownership of the device.

Reactions: bbrks

kiki_tt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2017
Believe or not...I was able to do a restore of an activation locked phone...blacklisted iemi and all that...how...I first had to wipe the phone of all data using third party software... connected it to itunes...did a restore...a full one ...was hoping i could have moved from there and hence my previous questions...however faced their lockpage once again upon restarting....any way I say good work apple ...so far their activation methods are going to discourage theft of their devices :)

Still wondering tho how i was able to wipe the phone? Shouldn't it have asked for permission to do so...this is on iphone 6s+ ios 10.3.2

Just thinking further here..If I was able to restore via a wipe of data...why not a restore of an activated extracted .ipsw?...again if these questions are inappropiate please let me know...I dont want to encourage theft

Last edited:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
You can wipe/restore a locked phone with iTunes.
You just have to put it in restore mode.
But once its done restoring it still will not let you passed the icloud activation lock screen without the correct Apple ID and password entered.

wilsonchandra

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2017
Hong Kong
The previous versions of ipsw is always available from apple.com...
However, remember that you can only restore current version of iOS...

Unfortunately, restoring the iPhone will lead to icloud activation problem...

icloud activation bypass can only be done with bootrom exploited iPhone, which is max iPhone 4...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.