Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GuilleA

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
Buenos Aires
This is a weird issue. iPhone 12 mini and iOS 14.3. The lock sound is extremely loud, sound like a thud instead of the subtle click. Doesn't matter the volume setting, it dies it every time. Sometimes putting it in silent mode and back will fix it for a while but the problem would return after a few locks/unlockings. Frustrating.

MarcinRSE

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2017
This is a weird issue. iPhone 12 mini and iOS 14.3. The lock sound is extremely loud, sound like a thud instead of the subtle click. Doesn't matter the volume setting, it dies it every time. Sometimes putting it in silent mode and back will fix it for a while but the problem would return after a few locks/unlockings. Frustrating.
Do you have official apple’s MagSafe case? I have the silicone one and have heard that those cause the issue. I’ve heard somewhere the bug will be fixed with iOS 14.4

GuilleA

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
Buenos Aires
Do you have official apple’s MagSafe case? I have the silicone one and have heard that those cause the issue. I’ve heard somewhere the bug will be fixed with iOS 14.4
No, but I do use a MagSafe charger... could that be the issue? Seems odd.

firoze

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
No, but I do use a MagSafe charger... could that be the issue? Seems odd.
It is probably caused by the MagSafe charger. I've read reports about this issue elsewhere. Hopefully iOS 14.4 will fix this.

On a related note, the Lock volume on my 12 mini is very soft. So are the notification sounds for Messages, and social media apps like Instagram etc. My ringer volume is at max. However the phone call ringer sound is sufficiently loud. Any ideas on how to increase the volume of the notification sounds?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.