Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2016
Hi, I bought Macbook 12 (2015) after about 3 years using of Macbook Pro 15 Retina. I never had a problem with eye strain and pain with this Macbook Pro. Retina is great and I cannot imagine my work without it.
Now I use Macbook 12 - smaller screen but same font size, same brightness. I see everything perfect but after few hours I have eye strain and pain like never before.
Have you same experience or do you know where is problem?
Thank you.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Hi, I bought Macbook 12 (2015) after about 3 years using of Macbook Pro 15 Retina. I never had a problem with eye strain and pain with this Macbook Pro. Retina is great and I cannot imagine my work without it.
Now I use Macbook 12 - smaller screen but same font size, same brightness. I see everything perfect but after few hours I have eye strain and pain like never before.
Thank you.
You're just getting older :)

bcaslis

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2008
What resolution are you running at? I get this when running at 1440x900 but not at 1280x800.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Go to the optometrist and get checked for reading glasses.

Queen6

macrumors G4
Your eye`s may need a little time to adjust, 12" rMB has a very different colour calibration in comparison to the 15" The calibration is far warmer and depending on OS version contrast may be less. My own 2015 rMB I am running 10.10.5 (compatibly reasons) which is probably the worst due to the font selection on Apple`s behalf and lack of contrast :rolleyes:, I also own and use 13" & 15" Retina`s employed in a business role. For me the 12" MacBook has by far the superior display for my usage.

I also use a HiDPI Windows system with significantly smaller fonts, this also took some time to adjust to, due to the differing ways Windows & OS X render fonts. I also tend to run the brightness at around 50% unless outdoors as the display on the rMB and now Samsung is extremely bright, which I can believe can induce fatigue and headaches.

Is the fatigue, more or less when the screen is dimmed? if more it may be an issue with the display`s inverter. As you may be more sensitive to flicker. Not an expert on how Apple controls brightness, equally PWM is common for displays these days.

FWIW my rmb is set to 1440x900 - More Space

Q-6

Reactions: Rogner

Rogner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2016
Your eye`s may need a little time to adjust, 12" rMB has a very different colour calibration in comparison to the 15" The calibration is far warmer and depending on OS version contrast may be less. My own 2015 rMB I am running 10.10.5 (compatibly reasons) which is probably the worst due to the font selection on Apple`s behalf and lack of contrast :rolleyes:, I also own and use 13" & 15" Retina`s employed in a business role. For me the 12" MacBook has by far the superior display for my usage.

I also use a HiDPI Windows system with significantly smaller fonts, this also took some time to adjust to, due to the differing ways Windows & OS X render fonts. I also tend to run the brightness at around 50% unless outdoors as the display on the rMB and now Samsung is extremely bright, which I can believe can induce fatigue and headaches.

Is the fatigue, more or less when the screen is dimmed? if more it may be an issue with the display`s inverter. As you may be more sensitive to flicker. Not an expert on how Apple controls brightness, equally PWM is common for displays these days.

FWIW my rmb is set to 1440x900 - More Space

Q-6
Thank you very much for your reply. How long does it take to get used to the Macbook 12 display? What can I do for better adaptation?

Ingromato Romatoni

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2017
Thank you.

Hi there,
My Apple ME279X/A iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi 16GB Silver has been updated a week ago (IOS 10.3.2) and has been causing eye and head ache since then. I cannot feel any pain using my Android mobile or any of my laptops/computers (Windows7, Fedora,etc.).
I also tried to change the size of the characters and later Night Shift (More Warm).. but none of them helped. Very strange. There is no workaround to this at this stage.

wishxmaster

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2017
Turkey
ı used macbook 12 inch 2016 this was my first macbook.
Normaly ı am using 17 inch notebook never live that problem. You will be used with time guess:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.