Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mjoshea148

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2012
Anyone else gotten this error:

“A problem was detected with the TrueDepth Camera. Face ID has been disabled.”

Got phone Friday and only happened once. This article suggests calling support (which I did) or bringing in.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208186

Using other web articles on this error I rebooted and problem seems ok for now.

1st level support at Apple didn't know much either. So it's wait and see for now.

Thinking it's software issue - actually hoping :)

Anyone else?

mrbenn

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2017
Hi Face ID worked fine for seven days but stopped working last night. Called apple and reset phone and rebooted a couple of times and still not working. I wonder if Face ID is going to be reliable. My phone treated very carefully and in a case.
I Have to go to Apple Store and they don't guarantee having a replacement in stock. Not happy on such an expensive new phone.

colaflaskeN

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2017
This morning mine face id didn't work either. Decided to turn off face id, and reset it. But now it can't even find my face. Maybe it is my panzer glas ? But will not take it off since it shouldn't be that.

mrbenn

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2017
This morning mine face id didn't work either. Decided to turn off face id, and reset it. But now it can't even find my face. Maybe it is my panzer glas ? But will not take it off since it shouldn't be that.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Thinking it's software issue - actually hoping :)

Anyone else?

The Apple Support article strongly suggests it's a hardware issue.

It tells you to take it directly to a service provider, not reboot or restore the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.