Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Giantscruz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Yay Area
So after setting up my iP X, with functioning face ID, i tried to check out the animoji feature.

It did not work and said it failed to track my face. Meanwhile my face worked to unlock the phone still, but when I tried again once again no luck. However this time the phone completely disabled the true depth camera and therefore face ID.

I cant get it re-enabled for the life of me. I did a full wipe and restore from a different backup, but some how it knows and will not allow it. The help page is suggesting I visit an apple store. F that! I live too far. Anyone else have this issue? If so, how'd you fix it?

Attached are the notifications I've got.

icm.jpg isc.jpg

deadworlds

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Citrus Heights,CA
Oh man, doesnt seem good. Im assuming you've tried restarts? Have you updated to iOS 11.1? If None of that helps then your next move is to go to an apple store or call them and tell them whats going on.

Reactions: Vampire14

Giantscruz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Yay Area
Ya I’ve restarted and updated. I chatted with a rep last night. Appointment on Tuesday. Gonna try my authorized reseller/repair shop in town today. Hoping it’s a software fix because they def won’t have a replacement unit for me.

Reactions: Vampire14

Manny7186

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2017
Ya I’ve restarted and updated. I chatted with a rep last night. Appointment on Tuesday. Gonna try my authorized reseller/repair shop in town today. Hoping it’s a software fix because they def won’t have a replacement unit for me.

Did you get this resolved? I got mine this past weekend and this happened to me too, it also disabled my rear camera.

Giantscruz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Yay Area
Did you get this resolved? I got mine this past weekend and this happened to me too, it also disabled my rear camera.

Yes, the whole rear camera module was receiving no power. Due to limited supply on launch weekend and the fact I ordered it through AT&T Apple would not give me one on the spot (despite showing me one) and sent one out to my nearest Apple store within five days.

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.