Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

After the MacOS update, Do you experience the same issue described in the topic?

• Yes, camera seems so close.

• No, my camera visual is as expected.

Results are only viewable after voting.

GoztepeEge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Hi guys.
I have recently noticed something that makes me a bit annoyed. The FaceTime camera on my MBP 14 M1 Pro 2021 model seems to close to my face when I am in a call. The person on the other side of the connection confirms this issue too.

You know that there is a setting in a FaceTime call, where you can change the camera mode either landscape or portrait.
In the portrait mode the camera gets too close to my face. Yesterday I was almost 1 meter far away from the camera, but my entire face was covering the whole visual.

I am pretty sure this was not the case with the previous MacOS versions.

Is there anyone else experiencing the same weird behavior? I would like to understand if this is a bug or if something intended by Apple.

AdriftAtlas

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2016
I've noticed the same after installing macOS 13.3 on my MBP 16 M1 Max 2021. Portrait mode on FaceTime no longer fits my face unless I keep the laptop far away. Hopefully this is not Apple's idea of a feature as it makes portrait mode unusable in a lot of situations. What they should have done is allowed us to zoom as needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoztepeEge

GoztepeEge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I've noticed the same after installing macOS 13.3 on my MBP 16 M1 Max 2021. Portrait mode on FaceTime no longer fits my face unless I keep the laptop far away. Hopefully this is not Apple's idea of a feature as it makes portrait mode unusable in a lot of situations. What they should have done is allowed us to zoom as needed.
I am expecting a software update regarding this.
Actually I do not know if we can contact Apple for this issue, it would be better if we could just open a ticket regarding this bug.

AdriftAtlas

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2016
It was not fixed in macOs 13.3.1. Face still no longer fits if I'm close to laptop.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.