Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TripleLindyGuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2019
Hey everyone,

Had some of my coworkers find this issue and tried it with my iPhone Xs, figured I would post it here.

If person A facetimes person B, person A can add person C to the facetime (group facetime) before person B accepts the call. This will cause person B to accept the call anyway. The screen for person B will still have the accept or decline prompt on it, but they will be on the call as if they had accepted.

I tried this with multiple iPhone models running different OS versions in group facetime.

Any ideas?

Trifectas

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2019
Hey everyone,

Had some of my coworkers find this issue and tried it with my iPhone Xs, figured I would post it here.

If person A facetimes person B, person A can add person C to the facetime (group facetime) before person B accepts the call. This will cause person B to accept the call anyway. The screen for person B will still have the accept or decline prompt on it, but they will be on the call as if they had accepted.

I tried this with multiple iPhone models running different OS versions in group facetime.

Any ideas?
I’m guessing this is some kind of bug where phone A thinks person B accepted the call. So u can add someone. Not sure though, call apple and let them know about this issue. It’ll get fixed in an upcoming update

Reactions: TripleLindyGuy

TripleLindyGuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2019
I’m guessing this is some kind of bug where phone A thinks person B accepted the call. So u can add someone. Not sure though, call apple and let them know about this issue. It’ll get fixed in an upcoming update
Thanks Trifectas, I'll try Apple. Seems like such a weird bug though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.