Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maverick28

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2014
I can't recall having the exact same issue with FaceTime because I didn't use it but yesterday I was unable to start using it: I entered correctly my Apple ID credentials. Then, on the next prompt me entering the second e-mail address (in the address field, not in another AppleID account field!), one meant to be visible to my contacts (just one I added to my mail addresses list on Apple ID manager pager) and hitting "Continue" it displayed "Verified" briefly, then threw me back to FaceTime login screen with an alert message in red text: "Server failed to process login data. Try again later", I'm not sure for the purity of wording but smth along the lines.

I did a number of things mentioned both in ASC documentation articles and abroad: Date/Time is OK, Apple ID and password are OK, etc is OK, I even went to Keychain to remove the appropriate password form for this app (it will create new one all the same, so wasn't hesitant) - to no avail. Apple's online System Status report doesn't seem to indicate any issues but I came across a great many threads on Internet revolving around the issue over the years up to recent.

So, is there a way to fix this? BTW, FaceTime documentation page lists Lion and Snow Leopard as low as 10.6.6 as the minimum system requirements so I should be able to use the service.

I'm on Lion.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.