Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

berlingoodman

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
Hi all,

I'm using an iPhone5c and am trying to make calls using my iPad and MacBook Pro but every time I try I get that 'Call Using iPhone Failed' message. I looked in my settings and FaceTime is stuck on 'waiting for activation.' Is this the problem? The phone itself makes calls but I'm not able to from my other devices. Any thoughts?
[doublepost=1496744981][/doublepost]Update....I got FaceTime to activate, yet still calls can't be made on my other devices. What gives?
[doublepost=1496745401][/doublepost]Another update. I just somehow received a call on my iPad, via my iPhone. So it appears that I simply can't call out on other devices.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I'm probably not going to be much help but .... the only time I've ever had anything similar to what you're explaining was when I had a really crappy wifi network --- once we updated the router and had max coverage all over the house, this went away.

Reactions: 44267547

berlingoodman

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
Don't think it's my Wifi, as everything else works great. I should probably add that my old phone died when it had water damage, so my husband gave me his old phone, which I'm using now, and I had to re-install and re-update everything. Everything is basically how it was, except this for some reason.

SparklyPickle

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2017
When you go to settings -> Phone -> Calls on Other Devices, is 'Allow Calls on Other Devices' on?

You should also see a list of your devices underneath it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.