Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

omultphy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2021
I am tempted to sell/trade-in my 16 inch MacBook Pro, 2.3 i9, 1Tb, 32Gb, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8Gb with a plan to move to apple silicon. I am based in Finland. What should be a fair trade-in value and what are the options to risk free selling? The machine is flawless.

Bodhitree

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2021
Netherlands
Apple’s trade-in values are often a lot lower than ebay. I was looking at selling my MBA (2011) and would have gotten 30 euros for it from Apple while on ebay they list locally for 150 euros or so.

Expos of 1969

Suspended
Aug 25, 2013
I am tempted to sell/trade-in my 16 inch MacBook Pro, 2.3 i9, 1Tb, 32Gb, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8Gb with a plan to move to apple silicon. I am based in Finland. What should be a fair trade-in value and what are the options to risk free selling? The machine is flawless.
Where do you plan to buy your new machine....Tector, 1Store, Power, Apple on line? You will get the best return by selling your current laptop privately but there are potential risks in doing so. My only experience with selling an Apple laptop was with Tector and I did not get very much but it was quite a few years old.

Reactions: omultphy

omultphy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2021
Where do you plan to buy your new machine....Tector, 1Store, Power, Apple on line? You will get the best return by selling your current laptop privately but there are potential risks in doing so. My only experience with selling an Apple laptop was with Tector and I did not get very much but it was quite a few years old.
I would probably end up buying either from sector or amazon.de. some good discounts on amazon. Tector is offering 900ish euro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.