Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icloud

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
I decided to take my camera to the campus for a photoshoot to capture the campus at fall. Click on the link to be taken to my site and view the other 15 images from my photoshoot

Click on Photo to be Taken to Gallery

C+C with thoughts and suggestions

beavo451

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
They look pretty good. What I don't understand is why you shot them at such low aperture values when you clearly had enough light to go to F/8 and get the best image quality possible.

Edit: It seems that your EXIF info for your shots on your website are all the same...

cookie1105

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2006
London, UK
It's nice, but not really anything special. The sky in the top left-hand corner is completely blown out and it sort of ruins the picture for me.

I think there are other pictures on your site from this shoot, that are better. I especially like #1, #5, #6 & #7. the colours and composition are better than this pic.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Like cookie said, the clouds are blown out on that pic. Some of your other ones are better, though. You should mention that you need to click the image to get to the gallery - its not obvious at first.

D

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I guess I'll be the only one who doesn't "mind" the blown out clouds. Other option is to expose for the sky a bit better but underexpose everything else. I guess it'd be the perfect time for an HDR. :)

And I really like photos #7, #8 and #10 the best. I don't know why I like photo #8 at all, and I'm sure others can't, but being Canadian, I know what it feels like to just look up at the trees and see the beautiful coloured leaves above you. I guess I just like the feeling from these photos, including #8, which isn't the best photo in a number of ways (the photo is blown out in several areas, but there's not much you can do about it.

Photos 1, 6 and 9 are also nice.

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2006
Great pic.... looks over exposed though... hope im useing the right term :p

VictorM

Sep 12, 2006
hogtown
icloud said:
I decided to take my camera to the campus for a photoshoot to capture the campus at fall. Click on the link to be taken to my site and view the other 15 images from my photoshoot

C+C with thoughts and suggestions

Thanks for sharing these. It's a fun time of year to be taking pictures (fall), and it can be deceptively tricky to get the colours to pop especially when its so bright out - instead things tend to look washed out. You might try some more shots on a day that isn't so sunny. I'm having the same challenges myself, and we've been "lucky" in Toronto to have lots of overcast days lately :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.