Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Do the master member of the family still have to have a credit card on his ID? Is gift card enough?

duanepatrick

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
I do not know how to explain it but I found a wonderful answer from Apple Community.

"A debit card, gift card, etc., can not be used to provide legal proof of identity. A credit card can. Because of the laws regarding the use of online services that collect data by children, you must use a credit card to set up Family Sharing. It's a legal requirement so that you can give parental consent for your children to use Apple's services." - KiltedTim

Reactions: matrix07

matrix07

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
  • Wow
Reactions: duanepatrick

duanepatrick

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
Wow. Pretty much an old post but you still manage to update me on this one. Thanks. Really appreciate it mate.

I did not even know that it is possible. Do you have a step-by-step solution for this just in case others have the same problem?

Reactions: matrix07

matrix07

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Wow. Pretty much an old post but you still manage to update me on this one. Thanks. Really appreciate it mate.

I did not even know that it is possible. Do you have a step-by-step solution for this just in case others have the same problem?
I just, out of curiosity, invited my wife and she accepted and joined and voila! She's sharing my iCloud storage. ?

• Wow
Reactions: duanepatrick
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.