Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
I think Fantastical 2 and it's native Watch app broke setting reminders via Siri on my Apple Watch.

Can anyone with F2 and the Apple Watch app please install it and see if you have any issues with Adding reminders via Apple Watch Siri. See this post for more details.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/apple-watch-reminders.1927167/
Just tried on my watch and I have fantastical 2 native on the watch.

I said Hey Siri - remind me in one hour to deposit checks (from your other example) and I have a reminder on my iphone under reminders set to go off in one hour.

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
Just tried on my watch and I have fantastical 2 native on the watch.

I said Hey Siri - remind me in one hour to deposit checks (from your other example) and I have a reminder on my iphone under reminders set to go off in one hour.

Ugh, thanks for checking. I appreciate it. I'm going insane trying to figure this out.

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
What's weird is that I can see the reminder on the Fantastical 2 reminder list, but it's not in the reminders app on iPhone. Like F2 is keeping it's own database...so weird.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
What's weird is that I can see the reminder on the Fantastical 2 reminder list, but it's not in the reminders app on iPhone. Like F2 is keeping it's own database...so weird.
did you give permission to F2 for reminders?

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
Did you really need to start 3 separate threads to ask the same question?
Apparently it's a known issue. And it is a big issue for me.

upload_2015-10-9_13-18-3.png

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
BTW, do you have a reminders category in your Apple Watch app on the iPhone? I have no reminder settings in the Apple Watch app on iPhone.

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
Were they, perchance, typing "it's a known issue" when you took the screenshot? You apparently needed some guarantee.

Well in the screenshot he said "Apple does know about this issue." Later in the conversation he did confirm again that they know about it.

On Apple.com one user has reported that it fixed itself yesterday for him. Indicating it may be a server side issue.

mine still is not corrected as of this morning. But I'll try it again later today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.