Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
This must be due for release soon. In the App Store Fantastical has been reduced from $4.99 to $1.99. I read that Fantastical 2 is due sometime in October. Now, it looks like this release should be very soon :)

It said, in the App Store:
"Fantastical 2 for iPhone (IOS 7 only) is coming soon and will be a separate purchase. If you use IOS 6, this is your last chance to get Fantastical 1 at a special price before it's gone!"

I realize that some may be upset about it being a separate purchase, especially if they just bought Fantastical. I think I might be a bit perturbed as well. However, I did not buy it so I'm okay with the separate purchase thing. But, I guess they should at least offer a discount to current Fantastical customers. It's just the right thing to do, customer service wise.

PaulOBrain

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2013
UK
Absolutely hate the iOS 7 calendar and was going to buy Fantastical but learned of the new one coming out so can wait for it.

Last edited:

sk1wbw

Suspended
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
I actually think Fantastical is worse than the stock calendar. I have it on my iphone and the Macbook, and I really don't see why everyone faps to this app.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Fantastical is indeed

Absolutely hate the iOS 7 calendar and was going to buy Fantastical but learned of the new one coming out so can't wait for it.

I am not crazy about the IOS 7 calendar either. Same here. When I saw that Fantastical 2 was due out soon I thought it made zero sense to buy Fantastical now, especially since this is not just a free update. I'm using the trial version of Fantastical on my iMac now and love it. I LOVE how you can just enter text (or speak as I understand it) about your event and it just appears on your calendar. As soon as the trial expires I'm going to buy it :D

Agh, pressed return before I was done typing the subject line. It should have read:
Fantastical is indeed Fantastic! ☺

Last edited:

PaulOBrain

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2013
UK
I am not crazy about the IOS 7 calendar either. Same here. When I saw that Fantastical 2 was due out soon I thought it made zero sense to buy Fantastical now, especially since this is not just a free update. I'm using the trial version of Fantastical on my iMac now and love it. I LOVE how you can just enter text (or speak as I understand it) about your event and it just appears on your calendar. As soon as the trial expires I'm going to buy it :D

Agh, pressed return before I was done typing the subject line. It should have read:
Fantastical is indeed Fantastic! ☺

Oops yeah my OP should read I can wait for it haha. My mistake. I have the free trial for Mac too and really is slick.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Oops yeah my OP should read I can wait for it haha. My mistake. I have the free trial for Mac too and really is slick.

I knew that was a typo or oversight and not intentional bad grammar. I've been guilty of that as well ;)

I have 3 days remaining on my free trial (Fantastical for Mac) Guess, I should go ahead and buy it now :)
I'm really looking forward to Fantastical 2. Will be thrilled when they complete the iPad version as well!

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
I actually think Fantastical is worse than the stock calendar. I have it on my iphone and the Macbook, and I really don't see why everyone faps to this app.

As far as a calendar app, I don't disagree with you. There are a lot of things that I like better about the stock app & other calendar apps.

However, where I think Fantastical really shines is the event entry. Natural language processing is, well, fantastic. :)

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Wah

I'm really looking forward to Fantastical 2. October is almost over, in about 10 days. Hope it wasn't delayed :eek:

Solitude1984

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2013
Finally!! I'm so happy to see it is out! This is the best calendar in the App Store if you ask me!

Phrenic

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2013
Does any sounds play on alerts for you guys? Also I like how Reminders is integrated but I'm keeping the stock Reminders notification because of the snooze function.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.