Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marlman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
After being completely frustrated with Apples native Calender I decided to spend a few bob and download Fantastical 2.

What a difference I love it can now see at a glance how many events I have left for the day. I cannot for the life of me see any logic in Apple not doing this. Surely it is what the badge system was made for.

I have a few occasions when I have meetings on certain days of the month for example the first Tuesday of every month. Apple calender is unable to do it but a breeze in Fantastical 2.

The list view is great and you can actually see the different calender colours not like Apples very thin coloured lines.

The only problem is I like The Apple icon with today's date so still have that on my home screen!

utwarreng

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2009
After being completely frustrated with Apples native Calender I decided to spend a few bob and download Fantastical 2.

What a difference I love it can now see at a glance how many events I have left for the day. I cannot for the life of me see any logic in Apple not doing this. Surely it is what the badge system was made for.

I have a few occasions when I have meetings on certain days of the month for example the first Tuesday of every month. Apple calender is unable to do it but a breeze in Fantastical 2.

The list view is great and you can actually see the different calender colours not like Apples very thin coloured lines.

The only problem is I like The Apple icon with today's date so still have that on my home screen!

I feel exactly the same. I just really miss that live-updated icon from the stock app. Otherwise, Fantastical 2 is phenomenal.

scoop2mylue

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2010
Indiana
agree as soon as i saw the screen shots of this app i knew right away it was a sure thing it would replace apples calendar app for me

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth

In preferences you can set it up so that it displays a number corresponding to the date. It's confusion at first because it's the same notification number you see in many apps but you get used to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.