Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

polyphenol

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
Having fairly recently got my first Apple Watch (an 8), I realise that I'd like to have a charger that I can more or less leave in the car. For when I forget to charge the watch before going out.

I'm used to fast charging so would probably at least prefer that. And I have both USB-C and USB-A available in the car.

But for occasional use, I don't even go out every day, let alone also fail to charge it, I really don't want to pay full Apple price.

So, any suggestions for such a beast? I've seen far too many which look great - but as you go through the reviews you end up dismissing for a variety of reasons. Not fast. Starts smelling of burning. And lots of other failure modes. Or not actually available in the UK - but sent from abroad. (Brexit has caused so many issues with importation, I tend to avoid anything that isn't already here.)

polyphenol

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
Well I am very unsure of what was available on ebay when I looked.

So have gone for a well known retailer and am saving £6.
And, unexpectedly because I didn't even look, I have a one month Apple Music and three month Apple TV+ subscription from that purchase. (Also Arcade & Fitness but they are of no interest to me.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.