Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jev425

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Seattle, WA
I have an iPhone X, what options are there for the fastest car chargers? Right now I have one that is 5v 2.1a. Not sure if that’s as fast as the iPhone charges.

mscann

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2011
I think a USB-C plug ( I have the one from Verizon) and the Apple USB-C to Lightning is going to be your best bet once the update comes out. A little slower but any 2.4 amp plug with a regular lightning cable will come close, but not the fastest

Reactions: jev425

UMRebel

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
North MS
Looking for a wireless charger for my 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe. I am thinking of simply placing it in the center console or placing it in the tray in front of the cup holders under the center control panel as seen in the pic below. Both locations have easy access to cigarette lighter power ports.

chevy-tahoe-cashmere-color-interior.jpg

Trying to decide between these three options that should fit perfectly. Anyone have any experience with them?

mophie Charge Force Wireless Charge Pad
Incipio Ghost 3-Coil Qi Fast Charge Pad
Backbone Wireless Charge Pad

mscann

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2011
Looking for a wireless charger for my 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe. I am thinking of simply placing it in the center console or placing it in the tray in front of the cup holders under the center control panel as seen in the pic below. Both locations have easy access to cigarette lighter power ports.

chevy-tahoe-cashmere-color-interior.jpg

Trying to decide between these three options that should fit perfectly. Anyone have any experience with them?

mophie Charge Force Wireless Charge Pad
Incipio Ghost 3-Coil Qi Fast Charge Pad
Backbone Wireless Charge Pad

I have the mophie. It is ok but is not fast charging and doesn't fit perfectly for my application( 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee). It is not clear on the incipio if it is a 12v charger or wall plug. I ordered this and its coming today- Claims to be 10 watt

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FMDQK80/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

UMRebel

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
North MS
I have the mophie. It is ok but is not fast charging and doesn't fit perfectly for my application( 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee). It is not clear on the incipio if it is a 12v charger or wall plug. I ordered this and its coming today- Claims to be 10 watt

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FMDQK80/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just checked on the Incipio and it is an AC wall plug so that option is off the table. I am leaning toward the Dog & Bone Backbone charger, but I'm not clear if it is a wall charger or just USB. I have messaged them on Facebook to find out. May have to give your recommendation a try if the Backbone option doesn't pan out. Thanks for the recommendation. Is there a specific car charger adapter that you recommend to power the charger?

marc34

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2017
I just bought the aukey dual one ( again based on my application). I have a small space thats I am trying to make this work in. I also have a couple of the schoshe ones from before but they stick out too far for my setup. I just receved the one I mentioned above. Defective out of the box. You have to keep wiggling the usb cord to keep it connected. Feels like the usb connector on the pad is a little messed up. Build quality is night and day compared to the mophie. I think you can buy that same pad with no charger on ebay for $ 5. They seem pretty generic and cheaply made.

If anybody has a suggestion for a pad that meets the following criteria I would be very greatful
Fast charging( at least 7.5)
USB powered
Rectangular/ phone shaped
Thin- 0.3, possibly .4 inches
No longer than 5.4 inches
Black in color

jev425

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Seattle, WA
I just bought the aukey dual one ( again based on my application). I have a small space thats I am trying to make this work in. I also have a couple of the schoshe ones from before but they stick out too far for my setup. I just receved the one I mentioned above. Defective out of the box. You have to keep wiggling the usb cord to keep it connected. Feels like the usb connector on the pad is a little messed up. Build quality is night and day compared to the mophie. I think you can buy that same pad with no charger on ebay for $ 5. They seem pretty generic and cheaply made.

If anybody has a suggestion for a pad that meets the following criteria I would be very greatful
Fast charging( at least 7.5)
USB powered
Rectangular/ phone shaped
Thin- 0.3, possibly .4 inches
No longer than 5.4 inches
Black in color

Not positive on what kind of output it will have for the iPhone but I was looking at the Spigen qi charger

marc34

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2017
That one doesn't look bad but looking for something a little bit longer so I do have to worry about placing the phone perfectly. I think in a car it will move around too much

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.