Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

futurejetblackowner

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 24, 2016
I'm tired of seeing stories of people who were waiting for their phones only to come across a jet black randomly at some retailer. I ordered a jet black+ two weeks ago, and its estimated ship date is 12/12-12/19

I called my Apple store and they were out of stock. Where else can I go?

*I also called a target and a worker told me I'd have pre-order, but I'm not sure if that would be faster since it's one target store and it's not like I'm ordering through the general target website.

Suggestions?

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
istocknow/apple website refresh and NEVER pre-order.

I got lucky beginning of October with a jet black 7+ by refreshing the upgrade programme webpage every now and then.

If you put in the effort you will always get one earlier than pre-orders ship out, unless you are one of the first batch to pre-order.

tma888

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2016
if youre in Canada, Vancouver specifically, bestbuys here have at 1 or 2 JB 7+ 64GB everytime i visit which is atleast 3 times a week.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
It will be! I swapped out my Matt Black and have no regrets, I really hope they continue it for the 8

Likely they will keep the Jet Black in the line up. I don't see Apple abandoning the Jet Black color being abandoned quite yet.

hobsgrg

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
Likely they will keep the Jet Black in the line up. I don't see Apple abandoning the Jet Black color being abandoned quite yet.

Apple abandoned the slate black colour of the iPhone 5 due to chipping for space grey/grey on iPhone 5S. If the next iPhone is the major redesign then they may well abandon Jet Black due to the difficultly making it. I think Apple only went with Jet Black this year to make the iPhone 7 an easier sell, the Jet Black finish makes it look a lot more different to the 6/6S.

If the next iPhone looks a lot different then they don't need to bother with Jet Black and can just stick to easier to produce and more robust colours. Which is a shame as Jet Black really does look amazing.

Reactions: Channan

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Apple abandoned the slate black colour of the iPhone 5 due to chipping for space grey/grey on iPhone 5S. If the next iPhone is the major redesign then they may well abandon Jet Black due to the difficultly making it. I think Apple only went with Jet Black this year to make the iPhone 7 an easier sell, the Jet Black finish makes it look a lot more different to the 6/6S.

If the next iPhone looks a lot different then they don't need to bother with Jet Black and can just stick to easier to produce and more robust colours. Which is a shame as Jet Black really does look amazing.

I don't about that. Apple really pushed this Black color this year.

Apple already made it clear the Jet Black would scratch, so it's not like they weren't aware of this. Hopefully Apple can improve on the Jet Black in terms of being more scratch resistant, I see it being around for while. Rumors are indicating a possible white ceramic iPhone for 2017 as well, which would Compliment the Jet Black.

And the Jet Black is a nice color. Although I opted Out, being I knew it would scratch easily.

hobsgrg

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
I don't about that. Apple really pushed this Black color this year.

Apple already made it clear the Jet Black would scratch, so it's not like they weren't aware of this. Hopefully Apple can improve on the Jet Black in terms of being more scratch resistant, I see it being around for while. Rumors are indicating a possible white ceramic iPhone for 2017 as well, which would Compliment the Jet Black.

And the Jet Black is a nice color. Although I opted Out, being I knew it would scratch easily.

Yes but that was my point, Apple pushed the Jet Black hard because this is the model that looks a lot more different to the 6/6S than the others. So they were prepared to take the lower yields on the Jet Black as that one best helps them sell the message the iPhone 7 is a significant change and not just a second revision of the iPhone 6.

I hope Jet Black stays around, I was annoyed that the slate black option disappeared. My fear is that Apple might drop it if they don't feel they need it, if they think the next model will sell regardless they might stick to the colours that give them the best profit margin. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion either way as to whether they will keep it or not, it's definitely popular but that might not be enough.

futurejetblackowner

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 24, 2016
It is. I kept checking istocknow.com as others have said till I found one in my area. Made a reservation to pick it up online and got it. Jet black is worth it.
I also live in the DC area (Northern VA to be exact). Where should I look? and where did you find yours?

xtremefx

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2016
Boca Raton, FL. U.S.A.
i also have the same prob. dont wanna wait that time for my 7+ jb 128gb... i still looking over bestbuy inventory online to get it but still nothing. just backordered.. and they do price match...

bniu

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2010
I was sitting in my hotel room in Portland, OR at midnight and randomly checked istocknow and saw there was a jet black 256GB sim free 7+ available at the Apple Store in Nashua, NH so I snapped it up and sent my sister to go pick it up for me (she lives 45 minutes away). Since I would be seeing her in a week, it was the perfect arrangement.

chazcr125r

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2016
Michigan
I ordered mine on the Verizon website. It said the estimated ship date was 11/30 but I received a message that it will delivered tomorrow 11/8

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.