Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ascender

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
So, I had a pair of Powerbeats2 which I loved apart from their reliabilty. I had four replacements in the course of a year and it seemed that moisture was getting in to the earbuds or remote. In the end they were swapped for a set of Powerbeats3 which was great as the remote had been redesigned and there were small tweaks in the design of the earbuds too.

On a run yesterday, they started activating Siri at random and putting the volume either all the way up or down. I've done a reset, checked firmware etc and this doesn't happen with any other headphones.

So I can only assume the same problems exist with the original design or I have been really unlucky. Has this happened to anybody else?

I'd hoped to talk to Apple today, but unfortunately I'm not at home so can't find the original receipt - in their wisdom, Apple have chosen to print the serial number in the smallest font possible, in black, on a black cable.....

So, do I go for a repair or ask to swap them for something like BeatsX? Would they be any better or have they not been out long enough to tell?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.