Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SouthPaws

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2022
My mac is no longer turning on. Pressing the power button I can sometimes hear a click. This has been happening a while and I managed to somehow turn on the mac after playing around with the PSU. Since then no posts from the mac. Before I go out and purchase a replacement PSU I want to here if anybody has any other ideas.

I also have attempted replacing the CMOS battery.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
When I had my 5,1 I had a similar issue. I replaced the PSU and all was fine afterward.

Lou

eicca

Suspended
Oct 23, 2014
I've got spare PSUs for a 4,1 or 5,1 kicking around. PM me if you want to buy one.

rp7777

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2020
if you in Australia -- i got spare PSUs as well
Hi - I am in Australia (Sydney) and have a 2010 CMP that I need to do Pixlas mod on. Would prefer to use a "spare" PSU to install mod on in case something goes awry - so will have original PSU to fall back to. Purchased a "non-working" 2010 for this (described as Logic Board dead) but turns out the PSU was also cactus.

I would be interested in the spare PSUs you mentioned possibly. PM me if you like to discuss etc.

flat4

Contributor
Jul 14, 2009
Hi - I am in Australia (Sydney) and have a 2010 CMP that I need to do Pixlas mod on. Would prefer to use a "spare" PSU to install mod on in case something goes awry - so will have original PSU to fall back to. Purchased a "non-working" 2010 for this (described as Logic Board dead) but turns out the PSU was also cactus.

I would be interested in the spare PSUs you mentioned possibly. PM me if you like to discuss etc.

this made me chuckle, I will have to use this phrase next times something DOA

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.