Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
I just got my new Apple Watch this past week. I've been a big fan of Map My Ride on my iPhone, but it doesn't look like they have a watch app.

I went on my first ride today with my new watch and used the cycling selection in the built in workout app. It was pretty good, but I was hoping to see a map interface along with the typical data. The one thing the fitness app doesn't have is auto pause, which is nice if you stop to smell the roses, or rest during your ride.

I'd like to hear from fell cyclers and Watch wearers what their favorite cycling app for the Apple Watch.

Thanks!

hak187

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2009
There should be a map of the activity if you go into the activity app on your iphone and look at that workout. I cycle and run both the workout app and runkeeper at the same time. Runkeeper provides way more data and also syncs over to Strava.

rydeontime

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2015
Milton Keynes
I previously used MapMyRide but changed to Velopal when I got a iwatch (although the watch is the previous version, bought a few months ago) as they offer a watch app. Having changed I much prefer Velopal with a calendar showing which days I've cycled, how far and a monthly total

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.