Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zamboknee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
I have a Network Attached Storage drive and I've dragged a couple folders from it over to my Favorites section in Finder but they never stay there.
They'll stay until I either put the laptop to sleep or power down.
How do I get these folders to 'stick' in the favorites area?

SeenJeen

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2009
I've had this problem, too. I found that by placing them in the Dock they'll be accessible even when the Mac isn't connected to the NAS after sleep/restart.

SeenJeen

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2009
How do I do this? just drag 'em onto the dock?
Yes from the Network view in Finder.

Also if you make an Alias (right click on the NAS) it will make an alias on your desktop. You should be able to keep it in your favorites.

Edit: I hope this screenshot helps.

Screen Shot 2023-01-12 at 12.40.56 PM.png

Last edited:

zamboknee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
I tried dragging and dropping and making an alias but nothing happens when I try to drop it into the dock.

Brian33

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2008
USA (Virginia)
I tried dragging and dropping and making an alias but nothing happens when I try to drop it into the dock.
There are two "sections" of the dock, separated by a thin gray line. I believe to put a folder shortcut in the dock it must be dropped on the section that contains the download folder and trash bin. (The right-most section, if you've got the dock along the bottom.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.