Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Renderz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Hi folks,

Yes, this may seem like a blatant plug for my site but there's no way of getting around it. I've written a short (ish) guide about the Nikon gear I use to shoot Weddings and I'd like your opinion.

For now, at least, I just want comments on the page and not the overal website. I'm happy with it and, according to anaylitcs, my visitors stay for quite some time.

Anyway, please have a look on http://www.terrylee.net/nikon.html and let me know your thoughts!

PS, please be kind... :-/

Cheers!

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Hi Terry...

Just had a look at your website. Despite being a D200 user, I'm not really qualified to comment on your recommendations. However, I noticed a lot of 'literals': simple mistakes in spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc... which tend to undermine your message. No great problem on a blog, but not too good on your 'commercial' website. Proofreader or editor required...

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
You make me really want a full-frame. That's a really weird picture of a D300...I didn't know they have a vertical grip built-in.

I'm currently using a D70s. It's been with me 4-5 years, but it's only the past two that I began to use it more rigorously. Now it feels too slow to keep up with event photography that I like to do.

How's the high-ISO noise in the D300? Do you find it enough for indoor events (ie. clubs, concerts)?

Ridge08

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2009
Terry,

Like Doylem says, you need to do some proofreading.

Also, you advertise yourself as a wedding photographer but only mention weddings in the 24-70mm and 70-200mm lens sections of the equipment page. At a glance, I see two places where you mention travel and three examples of gigs, as well as a birthday party.

Cut off the banner saying you`re a wedding photographer and show this page to some people who don`t know what you do. Ask them what your main photography specialization is and a lot of them will guess `music`.

Considering the whole of this website is devoted to weddings, your equipment page feels unfocused by comparison. You need to aim your examples much more clearly at your target audience.

You also have hyperlinks in your white text in various places but they`re invisible until the cursor changes when you move your mouse over them. I`d think about changing the color of your hyperlink text or underlining it.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
In addition to the above, the D3 shot looks bad enough to turn away potential customers. The OOF lens cap really makes it suck- which is why most manufacturer's front of brochure shots have the front element exposed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.