Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dewluca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2018
I'm still getting used to Mac Big Sur after the jump from High Sierra.
I cannot figure out why the Save As . . . , Open, etc interfaces don't/won't show the "Date Modified" column (Only Name, Size, Kind, Date Added). I NEVER care about "Date Added", but I do often want to check the name of or open the most recent files.

Is there ANY way to modify this??
I already have changed my Finder View preferences to only show Date Modified, not Date Added, but they don't seem to carry over to these other interfaces.
And the "Group By" "Sort By" options don't help . . . even if I choose "Sort by Date Modified" it doesn't actually SHOW the date modified in the file list.

Thanks in advance.

dewluca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2018
Found the answer here:
Old article . . . but hadn't realized/remembered that once I was in the open/save dialog, I could "control-click on a column header for a contextual menu of column choices."
Happy Day!!
(My old Mac Mini was at least 10 years old . . . I'm guessing that was the last time I made this adjustment :)

dewluca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2018
Yes, found the answer in an old macworld article, but for some reason MR is waiting to moderate my own answer to my question . . .

hadn't realized/remembered that once I was in the open/save dialog, I could "control-click on a column header for a contextual menu of column choices."
Happy Day!!
(My old Mac Mini was at least 10 years old . . . I'm guessing that was the last time I made this adjustment :)

and as a left-handed long-time Mac person I never know what "right-click" refers to . . . with a mac mouse we "control-click" . . . :) but thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.