Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Schranke

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
So after upgrading to iOS 11 and therefore Apple files I have had the problem that whenever I am trying to open a PowerPoint, Word or Excel document it opens in google drive. Here it wants to save it and starts uploading, nothing really happens. So I can’t open documents I need.
I do not have files associated with my drive, so it does not seams to be that.
Upon deleting google drive I can open files normally.
(I am using google drive for collaborative work so would like to still have access to it)

Any one experience the same problem? Maybe have an idea for a solution which does not involve deleting google drive?

Sartoria

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2015
Seoul, South Korea
Exact same thing happened to me whenever I tried to open documents stored in the Files app. I also ended up deleting Google Drive to remedy it, but don't have any proper solution unfortunately.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
There are a couple of threads on this already. It seems that a Google Drive update from a few days back may have caused the issue and it affects users in iOS 10, also.

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2017
I deleted Google Drive too in the mean time. Super annoying though, makes the Files app rather useless.

Schranke

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
There are a couple of threads on this already. It seems that a Google Drive update from a few days back may have caused the issue and it affects users in iOS 10, also.
Thanks, my previous search did not help me find other enteries.
Guess I am left with figuring whether I need to delete google drive or not then...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.