Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djarsalan2006

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2009
New York City
hey guys, im making my decision to buy my first DSLR, i dont really care about the video quality, however what i care about is the pic quality,
what would you guys choose between these two ?

the1sttransport

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2007
Well if you don't care about video -period- you could look at the D3000, essentially the D5000 without video and live view.

But to answer your question, go to a shop and pick them. See how they feel in your hands. Look into expansion options and decide from there. Both are fully capable of taking tremendous pictures if you take the time and patience to learn the basics.

Def experience both of them and your guys will answer better than we can

djarsalan2006

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2009
New York City
Well if you don't care about video -period- you could look at the D3000, essentially the D5000 without video and live view.

But to answer your question, go to a shop and pick them. See how they feel in your hands. Look into expansion options and decide from there. Both are fully capable of taking tremendous pictures if you take the time and patience to learn the basics.

Def experience both of them and your guys will answer better than we can

i looked at both of them into the shop, actually three of them including D3000 !
i liked the feel of D5000 ..

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
go with what you feel comfortable with. No use paying money for something you don't like the feel of.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
i looked at both of them into the shop, actually three of them including D3000 !
i liked the feel of D5000 ..

Lucky you, living in NYC and having so many camera shops to visit in person and make informed choice on your body, lens, tripod, filters (or not to use filters), flash, diffusers, etc........

I'm visiting a buddy end of June who live near NYC and can't wait to have 2-3 hrs in a "real" camera store.

kxfrog

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2009
UK
I bought the T1i it is an amazing camera but you should try them both and get what you like the feel of. I thought the Canon was more future proof. (better sensor more lenses more megapixels.)

ManhattanPrjct

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2008
Lucky you, living in NYC and having so many camera shops to visit in person and make informed choice on your body, lens, tripod, filters (or not to use filters), flash, diffusers, etc........

I'm visiting a buddy end of June who live near NYC and can't wait to have 2-3 hrs in a "real" camera store.

There's only one! (okay, maybe there's more than one, but only one where it's a real pleasure to shop!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.