Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abraxsis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2003
Kentucky
Well I finally "pulled the trigger" as they say around here and ordered my D40 last night before bed. Got it, a circ. pol. filter, and 2 day shipping for 590.00. Not a bad deal I must say, ordered it from Beach Camera.

fall3n

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2006
Sweet. I really want to do the same thing, but I've got wait till after my gf's b-day. haha. 1 more month-ish. Can't wait.

McCord9

Suspended
Mar 5, 2003
New York City
Differences between D40 and D50

D40: newer chip

D50: Still able to use older (non AFS lenses)

I know I got my D50 because I would hate to not be able to use some of the older (cheaper) non AFS lenses.

P.S. I know that there are other differences, I just don't feel like doing the research to figure it out. Those were the differences that informed my purchasing decision.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
Well I finally "pulled the trigger" as they say around here and ordered my D40 last night before bed. Got it, a circ. pol. filter, and 2 day shipping for 590.00. Not a bad deal I must say, ordered it from Beach Camera.

Have fun with it! What lenses did you use with the D70s? I presume you'll be keeping those. Anyhow, happy shooting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.