Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

juanster

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
like the title says i am finally getting mine late ron today, my dad's friend is selling it to me for 430 CAD, it comes with the kit lens, i ve been looking around for a d40 but could not find a good deal on it for the same price, I also know this camera since it was brand new like6 months ago, it probably has like 2-3000 actuations tops... what you guys think? good deal?

JNB

macrumors 604
With the XSi about out, that's almost "new" price anymore. Do some searches on the XT for current pricing. You may be able to get a completely new kit for near that price, or get him to come down a little as a used one may not have quite that much value remaining.

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
I think it's great! Congrats! Now go shoot!

When you have another $75USD (equiv) - go get the 50mm f/1.8 -- ridiculously sharp, low light gem, and depth of field wonder. All for very, very little money.

juanster

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
With the XSi about out, that's almost "new" price anymore. Do some searches on the XT for current pricing. You may be able to get a completely new kit for near that price, or get him to come down a little as a used one may not have quite that much value remaining.

really? i ve been looking around a looot and cheapest i was able to find was 589(cad) at some fishy store downtown that's plus taxes...that's 240 more, henry's,bb and future shop are all at 650...

juanster

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
I think it's great! Congrats! Now go shoot!

When you have another $75USD (equiv) - go get the 50mm f/1.8 -- ridiculously sharp, low light gem, and depth of field wonder. All for very, very little money.

I will keep that in mind thanks, it's my first d-slr, so i m pretty ecxited about it, i figure i'll stick witht he kit lens until i know for sure what it is that I am going to be shooting mostlya nd then go look for alens from there, but for 75 (usd) can't seem to go wrong with that either i'll take alook into that...

juanster

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
ok i finally got it and i am loving it, is there any way to actually check the exact number of actuations on it.?liek a camera odometer or something?:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.