Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MagicWok

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2006
London
After my previous posts, I've finally got my DSLR yesterday after work. A mighty Nikon D60. Not entirely original, but it's the right choice I'm sure, and I'm very happy with it. Got a great price for the camera with standard lens, plus a 50-200mm lens, extra battery and an 8GB SDHC card and bag.

So I'm all set for my trip to Australia, and confining my P+S home. Been wanting one for years, so I finally took the plunge.

Now commences the long journey of learning more, even more time in photoshop than I already spend, and more precisely the spending of more money in the future for lens/filter etc etc etc... Looking forward to it. ;)

Pikemann Urge

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2007
melbourne.au
Congrats! Yeah they are great tools. I love 35mm still but honestly, DSLRs offer better value (though not always better images but YMMV).

I don't spend much time editing actually. I just use the RAW converter and that's it. Make a few adjustments, export to JPEG or whatever, bang, done.

Something like Aperture would suit me better than something like PhotoShop. The pics I take pretty much don't require much touching-up.

Though I really hope companies like Sony get a good slice of the pie (I can't stand duopolies) I love Nikons. So good choice with the D60!

What I'm worried about is having a great camera like that with a big zoom. Not that I'm pre-judging but I hope that the lens you got is a good one. Zooms ain't zooms, you know!

PCMacUser

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
Now commences the long journey of learning more, even more time in photoshop than I already spend, and more precisely the spending of more money in the future for lens/filter etc etc etc... Looking forward to it. ;)

And so it begins... :)

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
congrats and welcome to the world of spending more money, how the heck I always end up with hobby that requires a lot of money, first mountain biking and now this....haizzz

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.