Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
canonrebelxsi.jpg

Goodbye SX10. This XSi feels so damn good in my hand. Can't wait to get off some shots and learn this camera.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Congrats. Now go take some pictures and get more lenses.

Sorry about your wallet. ;)

lol, I know. Gonna be a while before I can get me a 55-250 IS. Sigh...

The 18-55 is going to get worn out.

I was going to just get an XS, but I wanted a more to date model as I plan on a 3-year time horizon for this. There's not much else they can do with Megapixels these days, so I'm guessing they'll start focusing on speed, IQ, etc.

soLoredd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2007
California
lol, I know. Gonna be a while before I can get me a 55-250 IS. Sigh...

The 18-55 is going to get worn out.

I was going to just get an XS, but I wanted a more to date model as I plan on a 3-year time horizon for this. There's not much else they can do with Megapixels these days, so I'm guessing they'll start focusing on speed, IQ, etc.

Just curious, but why 3 years? I bought my XSi last September and I plan to use it pretty much until it ceases to work. Are dSLRs advancing that much over a 2-3 year span? Is it because you eventually want to upgrade to a prosumer or full frame?

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Just curious, but why 3 years? I bought my XSi last September and I plan to use it pretty much until it ceases to work. Are dSLRs advancing that much over a 2-3 year span? Is it because you eventually want to upgrade to a prosumer or full frame?

possible full frame. Don't see what else they can do on a crop body, guess that's why they are adding HD video as a feature now. But if I can't find a reason to go full frame, I don't see myself buying another body ever. Just lenses from here on out.

soLoredd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2007
California
possible full frame. Don't see what else they can do on a crop body, guess that's why they are adding HD video as a feature now. But if I can't find a reason to go full frame, I don't see myself buying another body ever. Just lenses from here on out.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Well, congrats on your XSi purchase and hope to see some of your photos in the picture threads :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.