Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-hh

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
Well, considering the time that I took to make things pretty for the iPhoto book, what I've done is jump through a few hoops transform that book into an online PDF.

I've had to slash the resolution drastically, and while image quality does obviously suffer, when you consider that it has gone from 150MB to 3MB, the results are quite respectable in the context of a 98% reduction in size.

The file is here.

Enjoy.

-hh

cookie1105

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2006
London, UK
It looks like it was a brilliant adventure -hh. Fantastic wildlife pictures and that photo of the house at night is still brilliant.

Ironically enough, that picture of the bicycle that you took is much like what I ride every day.:D Will have to take a pic when I have time.

Thanks for sharing your album with us.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Very nice pictures! Seems like a awesome adventure.
What color cover did you choose, i can't decide if i want blue or black or maybe red

-hh

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
Very nice pictures! Seems like a awesome adventure.
What color cover did you choose, i can't decide if i want blue or black or maybe red

Thanks for all of the kind words (yours & the rest).

I chose black for the cover, based on other photo albums already being in that color. Of course, my Mom just gave me 3 red photo (conventional) albums for Christmas!

Regarding the Milky Way photo (page 20) and the longstanding debate thereon, this is version #4 (or thereabouts) and I think I finally got the "intensity gain" right. All that's needed now is to cool it off just a tiny bit, and maybe put back in a little sharpening.

-hh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.