Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ekzapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2009
I've been using Ibank for years, and wonder if there is something else that people like a lot for Mac, something basic, just for keeping track of spending and income.

lparsons21

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2014
Southern Illinois
Currently I'm using iCompTA which is iOS and OS X only. Works quite well and can sync with either Dropbox or iCloud.

Previously was using MoneyDance which is cross platform and syncs with DropBox. Advantage was that from practically any phone/tablet/computer, you could manage your finances.

Ekzapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2009
I use quicken for mac, automatically goes into your account to download transactions. I love it !
thanks -- had it previously and didn't like it, but might try again.
[doublepost=1456851734][/doublepost]
Currently I'm using iCompTA which is iOS and OS X only. Works quite well and can sync with either Dropbox or iCloud.

Previously was using MoneyDance which is cross platform and syncs with DropBox. Advantage was that from practically any phone/tablet/computer, you could manage your finances.
thanks -- will check it out

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
OP, your bank might have tools available for you as well. Many banks offer ways to track your spending, set up spending/saving plans, etc.

Suspended
Oct 1, 2014
I tried GnuCash for a while. It's powerful and feature-rich but I couldn't get used to the non-Mac interface. It's free, though, so give it a shot if you're trying to break away from iBank. I think it exports/imports iBank files natively, though I could be wrong.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.