Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JuanSombrero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2015
Hi all,

I have suspicions my parents are tracking me using find my iPhone. I think they use my iPad, which is using the same Apple ID. Is there a way to find out on my iPhone whether I was actually tracked, when it was, etc, or to get a message when I'm being watched?

I know how to switch it off, but that's not my intention, I just want to know whether I'm being watched.

Thanks
Juan

Jjayf

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2015
Don’t do anything wrong and you won’t have to worry about it. Find your phone shows where you are that’s it. It can’t be used as a tracking system with way points.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
How old are you? If you’re still living at home and if they still pay for youur existence, then they have the right to track you.

If these aren’t the case, why not put a new passcode on your iPad at home?

Reactions: BigMcGuire

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Find My iPhone

The arrow next to that setting is explained at the bottom of that page.

Djentleman

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2012
UK
Turn it off when you're out and then turn it on before you get home and pretend like nothing has changed. Make sure you delete that confirmation email, though.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
How old are you? If you’re still living at home and if they still pay for youur existence, then they have the right to track you.

If these aren’t the case, why not put a new passcode on your iPad at home?

This. If they paid for the phone, it is their property and their right imo. I paid for my wife's iPhone and my wife's mom's iPhone. Both appear on my Find My Phone screen. My wife, mother-in-law, and I share our location with each other and use Waze to let each other know where we go and when we'll be there for security and safety.

If I had kids (I don't) and I paid for their phone, Share Location would be on - but I wouldn't feel the need to spy on them because I think sharing location is something that should come naturally to people that love each other. But my experience is only with my wife.

tZkGkGVUrktZahB3KHEX9EBn05ysYSmEZZxN45BAIMFTEvLork8DEoJeVU2ryjTO8g9Ynua5r8IEkTChEUKBeO6EHtkGLoFurTs970ZbwyiBwZyalv1G-C64iAYHScigZziNTjz3YijBbEPGiLJTmf0xNnNCUYnkljeJXsk_XMyGCTKlvtzMtMfkpQoiuPF3zq_wsaw6w2OKLp9tYiE-Al4Ful47e4TFzbgQdUr-doaIetAcEo6PJknHjMWHcoa9F25Q-jZQceDusermqnUCvNYiGyYu4ypvy0xHcc6MN5DZ_FTiHM06hjS9OM2onMaIUbbsZq4hUftQ65o3cBsdkDAzbRWQqOzGnkdV6tNlI4sTZcLX27ndobfUHHfcqMw-DKu9ha_WMLl0RbhZKVrAFmwKJ9HSrsBQPAcVptFcy7yz8ajOz1s4ved-yBySmG9rdFEdB04IjQjCfWIgnwDG-maSTJSG9qUftY7QgNQ74dQ5uJ0x6cn5tV4yTkwVIRCfvbjYUv3royfqRh0E7I3o090lPlKt3z9p6GxEFLdThpn8GPcqKZS_a2uwRjm1UITFtNl1btHt7cOk-Rmq0iIt6QiNyTZVKJzHOdUz8DKnjMs=w378-h313-no

(My wife (on her way to college) and my mother in law (at my house atm)).

Reactions: willmtaylor
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.