Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidf18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2013
Since the update to Mojave I have had Finder crashing when pointing the my home directory and the Documents directory. I am able to get to other subdirectories of Documents through selecting the folder in Spotify Search.

It occurred with the original upgrade to 10.14.0 in Sept, and then I did the clean install as I always do each year (zero the disk, fresh USB) install. It continued to occur with the 10.14.1 update.

It never happened before and I've been using Mac since 2011.

There is an outstanding Apple case for over 1 month and my technical contact says that others have been having the same problems.

A problem is that I have trouble using apps that store to disk because the Finder subroutine used by apps (e.g. MS Word) call the Finder programs which crash (typically just beginning to show the directory but then going away without me being able to select a file).

Sometimes there are hard crashes of Finder with dumps.

Does anyone know how I can change the default directory pointed to by MS Word and other apps so that I can store files in other directories through Save As.... and so on?

Are others having this bug? Apple will not tell me when they plan on fixing this 2 month old bug.

Thank you in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.