Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi, how can I from Finder open the current folder in Terminal?
In Terminal, type:
Code:
open .
If you want to open the current location in terminal, right click on that folder's icon and look under the services menu and you should see "New Terminal Tab at Folder".
For more options, look in System Preferences/Keyboard/Shortcuts, and look through the options you see under Services. There are several Terminal related items there.

Zillion

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
The Netherlands
If you want to open the current location in terminal, right click on that folder's icon and look under the services menu and you should see "New Terminal Tab at Folder".
For more options, look in System Preferences/Keyboard/Shortcuts, and look through the options you see under Services. There are several Terminal related items there.

Are you sure this is in High Sierra? I read this before but I do not see any option to open in terminal, neither in System Preferences/Keyboard/Shortcuts. I dont think its there anymore.

However I found out you can drop a folder from finder on the terminal app icon.

And I found this little app, adds a open in terminal option in the finder folder context menu. https://github.com/qparis/FinderOpenTerminal

Last edited:

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Are you sure this is in High Sierra? I read this before but I do not see any option to open in terminal, neither in System Preferences/Keyboard/Shortcuts. I dont think its there anymore.
It's all there on my High Sierra computer. I didn't install any 3rd party product for them to appear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.