Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sticko

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
Hi,

I works on multiple folder everyday (more than 10). And most of my folder name are the same, but different path, i.e:

/ProjectMadrid/Calculation/
/ProjectSanFrancisco/Calculation/
/ProjectLondon/Calculation/
/ProjectMilan/Calculation/
etc

By the time I opened 10 tabs, it all shows Calculation. Is there anyway or tricks that I can show full path name on the finder's inactive tab?

thanks in advance
Mike

CoastalOR

macrumors 68040
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
I works on multiple folder everyday (more than 10). And most of my folder name are the same, but different path, i.e:
/ProjectMadrid/Calculation/
/ProjectSanFrancisco/Calculation/
/ProjectLondon/Calculation/
/ProjectMilan/Calculation/
etc
By the time I opened 10 tabs, it all shows Calculation. Is there anyway or tricks that I can show full path name on the finder's inactive tab?
Not in Apple finder that I know about. The trick is seeing the path of the inactive tab without making it active. A work around might be to arrange your tabs in a city alphabetical order.

There is a paid app "Path Finder" that will show the path by hovering the mouse pointer over the inactive tab, but if you go to the trouble to move the pointer to each tab you could just as easily activate it and see the path.

Reactions: Riwam

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Make the window wider. That's the only thing you can do. The system is trying to intelligently "shorten" the name to fit smaller sized tabs in the same size window.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.