Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

E Train

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2015
Hi, everyone.

Like many of you, I have found my new iPad Pro screen to be very smudgy, fingerprinty.

I'm considering all these glass protectors, from expensive (Zagg) on down. I'm less concerned with cost than I am with quality.

Which screen protector is best for MINIMIZING fingerprints, smudges?

Thanks

E Train

pirata

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2012
Colorado
I was looking at bodyguardz tempered glass screen protector, I've never used any of their products though. They are equally as expensive as zagg's.

http://www.bodyguardz.com/screengua...en-protectors-covers-shields-skins-films.html

looks like you can get 20% of till 12/31

"Did Santa bring you a gadget this year? Stay off that naughty list and keep it shiny and protected. Take 20% off sitewide with code: SHINY at checkout. Hurry, offer ends December 31st."

E Train

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2015
Yes I saw that brand. I'm wondering which is the best to protect against fingerprints. Not worried about cost. Thanks!

pirata

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2012
Colorado
"BodyGuardz Pure combines extreme impact and scratch protection with crystal clear clarity and an oleophobic coating to resist fingerprints and smudges."

This one or zagg's will probably give you the best performance against fingerprint and smudges compared to the less expensive ones. Plus this one appears to have the hole cut out for the camera, some of the ones I saw on amazon did not have the camera hole.

PattyMc

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
I ordered this one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0159Q72CI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really like it, doesn't even feel like a protector is on, reduces fingerprints, and very clear with no rainbow effects, the Pencil works great too. Covers entire screen with all cutouts there. For the price, can't be beat. Easy to apply as long as you follow the instructions, I messed up the first time, put the wrong side down and couldn't figure out why so many bubbles, lol, then realized my goof.

I am sure this one will not offer as much protection as the expensive ones but I really wanted one most like the original screen but that cut down on fingerprints, work well with Pencil, and fit well. And gave me some piece of mind about not scratching my screen with dirt or grit on finger/pencil. This does all those things really well.

Reactions: acctman

nalbagli

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
I use the Techarmor Ballistic Glass screen protectors on my iPad and iPhone and expierence has been great, it's dheap and really good quality. They have been the best I've tried, and I've bought several brands including bodyguardz which where good but I wouldn't say better. I haven't tried Zagg though, I don't know if that one is better

Phonzoxd

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2013
I bought this but I havent installed it yet because I am lazy, and I dont have the time to wait for it to dry.
http://www.skinomi.com/sk19610-matte-ipad-pro-12-9-tablet-skin-protector.html
It installs like a Zagg. I bought it on sale for 75% off during Christmas shopping weeks.

But right now, I am using a Techarmor matte screen protector, and it works very very well considering it retails for $5. it is only temporary until I apply the Skinomi matte full body protector.

Whatever brand you decide to get make sure to get a Matte screen protector since you don't want fingerprints. Also matte is great if you use the pencil with it. Makes it feel like drawing on a piece of paper because of the resistance it provides, with the glossy and/or tempered glass protectors, it wont feel as good.

All in all, get Matte.

ChinaRye

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
Washington, DC
I ordered this one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0159Q72CI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really like it, doesn't even feel like a protector is on, reduces fingerprints, and very clear with no rainbow effects, the Pencil works great too. Covers entire screen with all cutouts there. For the price, can't be beat. Easy to apply as long as you follow the instructions, I messed up the first time, put the wrong side down and couldn't figure out why so many bubbles, lol, then realized my goof.

I am sure this one will not offer as much protection as the expensive ones but I really wanted one most like the original screen but that cut down on fingerprints, work well with Pencil, and fit well. And gave me some piece of mind about not scratching my screen with dirt or grit on finger/pencil. This does all those things really well.

I went with your recommendation and just applied it to my IPP and it's perfect. Thank you! Great value for $9 for two.

Reactions: acctman and PattyMc
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.