Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
So apparently Firefox 3.5 no longer supports ICC Version 4:

http://www.color.org/version4html.xalter

Yes, Safari does, but I prefer Firefox.

I really dislike seeing my photos (and any others with Version 4 profiles) so far off base in Firefox. Is there anything to be done about it? Is there any way that I can at least have CS4 save my profiles as ICC Version 2 when I'm saving for web display?

PeteB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Forgive the idiot question here, but why doesn't converting to sRGB work?

Since the vast majority of the viewing public don't bother setting up their displays/apps for colour-management....

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
I do convert to sRGB, but CS4 embeds a Version 4 sRGB profile. For some photos, that means a major difference in how the images appear in Firefox (or any browser that doesn't support version 4 ICC profiles). Even people who do not have calibrated displays will see a more accurate image if they are using Safari. I'd like to minimize these major differences so that at least people who do calibrate their displays will see a fairly accurate image, and those with uncalibrated displays will get something at least in the ballpark.

PeteB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
But Firefox currently requires that the user go into the advanced options ("here be dragons") in order to enable the colour-management feature, doesn't it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.