Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ictoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2021
In the morning I start up my mac and I get the firmware password, I type it in and getting recovery / forgotten password. I click restart and it boots up as normal. No problems, I can shut down and restart and it will boot to the OS with no problem.

But it happened again this morning, Firmware popped up. I have no real idea why this is happening and it's just lucky I know the firmware password. I posted this in Big Sur as i've only ever had this happen since upgrading(Few weeks ago)

Anyone have an idea of what I can try / what could be causing this? This is a 16" 2019 mac

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
In the morning I start up my mac and I get the firmware password, I type it in and getting recovery / forgotten password. I click restart and it boots up as normal. No problems, I can shut down and restart and it will boot to the OS with no problem.

But it happened again this morning, Firmware popped up. I have no real idea why this is happening and it's just lucky I know the firmware password. I posted this in Big Sur as i've only ever had this happen since upgrading(Few weeks ago)

Anyone have an idea of what I can try / what could be causing this? This is a 16" 2019 mac

Try a SMC reset?

appltech

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2020
Hi! Were you the one who set up this password originally?
If so, have you tried to remove it via Recovery Mode -> Restart -> Go back to Recovery and Set it up again?
Looks like a glitch, tbh)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.