Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
Good job on your first HDR attempt, but what is the black vertical lines near the sky? and the white thing, hmm could be something reflective then turned out being glowing white in HDR, maybe you can darken that part to reduce the brightness or just crop it out.

bertpalmer

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2007
Great job. I'd clone out those black lines on the right - they look like radio masts.

The worst part is the bottom right hand corner - it's a BIG give away. Beautiful sky and composition - and everything seems fairly natural.

alumac

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2009
i've just finished with my first HDR as well. Here it is:

3426210116_a0888e7b55_b.jpg

emotta

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Great job. I'd clone out those black lines on the right - they look like radio masts.

The worst part is the bottom right hand corner - it's a BIG give away. Beautiful sky and composition - and everything seems fairly natural.

Those lines are some type of electrical post or something. But i cant seem to figure out why i got that nasty thing on the bottom corner. Can you shed some light as to what that is? I thought it was the sensor on my camera so i started looking at the original images. But the original images seem to be fine. I did use 5 shots instead of 3. If you can please chime in i would greatly appreciate it!

bertpalmer

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2007
Those lines are some type of electrical post or something. But i cant seem to figure out why i got that nasty thing on the bottom corner. Can you shed some light as to what that is? I thought it was the sensor on my camera so i started looking at the original images. But the original images seem to be fine. I did use 5 shots instead of 3. If you can please chime in i would greatly appreciate it!

It happens when you over do the controls with tone mapping I think. It does depend though HDR has a lot of controls! Perhaps just overlay an original image in photoshop and mask out all but the bit covering the corner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.