Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wisredz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2006
Hi there! After seeing ksz's stunning Taj Mahal photos in HDR I decided to give it a try. I have been experimenting with photomatix to get some good results and this one's the first one that is acceptable. This is a composite of three shots.

Please comment on the photograph.

263928462_c4028bebde_o.jpg

wisredz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2006
Thanks! As you said HDR was not a must but it sure did some things to improve the photo. The sky patterns are not discernable when the rest is good :D And there is always my obsession problem. I'm obsessed with HDR these days and whether HDR is good to use or not I shoot a lot with different exposures :D But I had no time today apart from 45 minutes around 13:30, which means the light was definitely not good for photography...

and you're right about the right side, but I couldn't figure out how to make it look good. Anyway, I find myself liking that part as well because it is just strange :D

Thanks again for your comment!

ksz

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2003
USA
I like it! There is a sense of vibrance and life that would be hard to capture without HDR. Some comments:

1. This image is filled with delicate light reflecting off the various colored trees. I would like to see the normal 0 EV exposure because I suspect the radiance is nowhere nearly as well captured in the standard exposure. HDR does a marvelous job of capturing the subtleties of light.

2. Have you tried various values of "Light Smoothing?" A value of 2 might help smooth out the right side.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.