Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Ok so I just started this sort of thing last night after I got a new program :D

Basically none of this is real! It’s all computer generated from 3D models except the backplate (landscape).

Used a Google Sketchup 3D model, imported into Bunkspeed Hypershot, setup and rendered in environment etc… opened in Photoshop, used alpha channel and added motion blurring and added frame.

Will be adding more ‘photos’ as I do them.

Please click the attachments to view them properly or view them via my site

Luke.
http://www.lukeriggall.co.uk/design/digital-art/

Attachments

• LP560 Vs Cheetah.3.jpg
    LP560 Vs Cheetah.3.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 996
  • Lambo Lp560-4.41 - edited.jpg
    Lambo Lp560-4.41 - edited.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 182
  • Lambo Lp560-4.40 -edited.jpg
    Lambo Lp560-4.40 -edited.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 157

jampat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2008
Not a bad start, but a few things stand out. The car is not tracking in the direction of the motion blur and the wheels aren't spinning (They should just be blurs at that apparent shutter speed). Fix those and you will be closer.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
What you have done may eventually replace the need for people to buy stock images. If they can find an in-house designer to do exactly as they wish then what's the point of stock images (I'm sure people are pissing themselves now that I said that).

However, it's not photography by any means.

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Thanks for the comments, I've changed the title... I agree it's more digital art :p

Ah yeh on close inspection it looks like the car is skidding out slightly sideways. I will watch out for that in future :p

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Heres a couple of slightly better ones.

Better blur on the wheels and the background is in the right direction now.
Also added one spinning of track from the old one :p

P.S. I didn't render the image again so it may still look slightly off as the angle it was rendered at but it'll do

Attachments

• Lambo Lp560-4.40 - Wheel Spin.jpg
    Lambo Lp560-4.40 - Wheel Spin.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 216
  • Lambo Lp560-4.40 - v2.jpg
    Lambo Lp560-4.40 - v2.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 279

Sir SpemzR

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
Inland Empire
i think u should try blurring the road in the shadow of the car like the rest of
the road...

if youre using photoshop and the shadow of the car gets messed up when u blur it you can always use the burn tool :D

or make a new adjustment layer with brightness/contrast then make it as dark as u want the shadow to be (dont worry about the rest of the pic) and just erase everything around the desired area with a soft brush :D

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Good morning, Luke.

What the guy up there ^^^ said about the road looking static in the shadow extends to the car, also. If you cover tha back of the car, the front end dosen't look like it's moving. Last weeks photo contest in this forum had a topic of "Speed". Go back through it and see how motion effects photography. The winner had a shot of motorcycles on a race track that just screamed SPEED.

Dale

jecapaga

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2007
Southern California
What you have done may eventually replace the need for people to buy stock images. If they can find an in-house designer to do exactly as they wish then what's the point of stock images (I'm sure people are pissing themselves now that I said that).

However, it's not photography by any means.

Funny you say that, I'm already using someone who is doing just this exact thing. I email him (he's in Russia) telling him I need a dining room setting, 3-sectional couch against the left wall, perhaps a brick fireplace, fire booming. Flat panel on the wall and perhaps a bay window, earth tones.

In a couple days I get an incredible rendering that I would defy anyone to tell the difference. And if I don't like the hardwood floor, I can say can you make it slate? A few hours later I have a finished image at 1/20th of the cost of a real shoot requiring all these elements perfectly. Takes all the hassle out of location scouting for sure.

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Thanks for the comments everyone!
Heres a newer version, spent a bit more time layering up blurs and shadows and touching things up, looks a lot better.

Didn't have time to re-do the render so the angle it was rendered at could be improved but I've worked on what I have and everythings cool now, I hope!

lambolp560440v3.jpg

luke.x

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.