Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Talluie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2024
Tring to figure out if an unused, first generation (2016) , factory Sealed IPad Pro, 9.5" , 128 GB might have a greater resell value than a same model that has been used but in good/excellent condition. Specifically, wondering if because it is first gen and factory sealed - and if that has some additional value ? Also have an factory sealed Apple Pencil as well . Online resell sites are quoting under 100.00 for a used one in good condition. Thanks .

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I don’t see any inherent value in unopened for that generation. It might even be worth less, in that the battery is likely shot from deep discharge.

But, people spend money on stupider stuff so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ if you get any sort of decent offer, I wouldn’t take a lot of time to ponder.

edubfromktown

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2010
East Coast, USA
Agree that it is probably not worth much to anyone other than a collector.

I own (a used) one. Love the form factor (even with keyboard case) to do basic things somewhat efficiently on a tablet and complete Apple login verification when I'm not in close proximity to Studio Base Max or M3 Pro MBP.

Reactions: Talluie
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.