Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PegasusMedia

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
OK, I know most of you don't care...but I'm excited about my first trip to snap some pics with my new gear. I went to the beach in the middle of a very sunny day & tried to work with the shadows. Here are my three favorites. I'd love to hear comments...good or bad!

Attachments

• dune walkover small.jpg
    dune walkover small.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 116
  • walkover side small.jpg
    walkover side small.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 90
  • dune fence small.jpg
    dune fence small.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 88

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
OK, I know most of you don't care...but I'm excited about my first trip to snap some pics with my new gear. I went to the beach in the middle of a very sunny day & tried to work with the shadows. Here are my three favorites. I'd love to hear comments...good or bad!

wow! those all look very nice. what exactly is your new gear? i'd also love to see the EXIF for those!

PegasusMedia

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Aw shucks. Heh. Seriously...wow...thanks guys! I picked up a used Nikon D70...it's my first SLR ever. These were taken with the kit 18-70mm lens. I'm a total newbie...just always been interested in photography and decided to finally give it a go as a hobby. I figure if I can manage to not suck I might some day try to make some money at it.

I'm very encouraged by your remarks! Thanks!

Criticism is welcome too. by the way!

carve

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
Awesome!

Those are some sweet looking pictures there! Keep up the goodwork!...WOW!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.