Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fuzzy Orange

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
im digging your macro shots.

the first one, pretty good, try more bracketed shots for different depths of field.

the other pine cone lying in the grass, is awesome, but id photoshop out the blades of grass in front of the cone.

Untitled-1.jpg

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I'm not an expert by any means, but if you want me to tell you the truth, I will. ;)

#1: Overexposed a bit. Still a very nice photo, though. However, if I had a choice between underexposing a shot slightly, or overexposing slightly, I'd rather underexpose slightly so that you don't lose info in the highlights (the very bright areas where it's pure white and there's no information (ie: no details) since the sensor is pretty much saturated at that point and all details are lost.

#2: Cool. :)

#3: I don't know why the photo was taken. It's a busy photo, and yet I'm not exactly sure what you want me to look at.

#4: Your best. Very well exposed, and a very very nice photo overall. :)

#5: No rhyme or reason for taking it. Surely you can find a flower to make it more interesting. ;) Although I guess you can say the same thing about one of my photos --- no rhyme or reason for many of them, really.

Fuzzy Orange

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
Thank you for the comments! I also thought that my 4th picture was the best. I have a couple more, but they seem trivial compared to what I showed here.

Fuzzy Orange

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
I'm really starting to not like Flickr. I guess after loading 6 pictures, I have already used up my monthly limit. Now they want me to buy their upgraded account...

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Yeah the fourth one is the best. The others don't really do anything for me.

superted666

Oct 17, 2005
yea free account isnt really meant for this kind of use, more as play area.

Upgrade is only £13 here in the uk and you get a lot more!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.