Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
That looks brilliant! That must have taken some time?

But, GET OUT OF THE BOAT THERE IS A HOLE IN THE FLOOR!

:)

Rich.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Maybe you could wave at the camera next time :cool:

The pic looks very well done, btw; it looks like you know what you're doing. I expected a panorama from the top of the boat looking at surrounding scenery, and I was curious how you were going to counteract the waves....

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
Hi iGary! :)

The pic looks great, very smooth transitions.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    109 KB · Views: 131

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
iGary, I think I remembered you saying that you used your 8mm fisheye for stuff like that.

I don't understand how there is no barrel distortion in the actual image....

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
^^Software takes care of that. ;)

I'm just wondering how you got the shot of the ceiling to stitch together to the 360º horizontal view so well? That horizontal view required 5 shots, right?

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
Abstract said:
^^Software takes care of that. ;)

I'm just wondering how you got the shot of the ceiling to stitch together to the 360º horizontal view so well? That horizontal view required 5 shots, right?

His Fisheye is mega wide so maybe that was how...

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
Niiice! Looks like that template's working out well. If you want a good, inexpensive logo to put over the hole in the bottom, check out GotLogos.Com. They did mine. Just tell Daniel what you want and he'll usually come up with something good. You should probably specify that you want it round :p

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
iSaint said:
Very cool shot(s)...as are friends with boats!
Agreed! OT: I need to find a friend in SW Florida that has a sailboat. Back in the glory days there was this guy with a really nice rig - and he would take us out on the bay and we'd ride like the wind. I want my boys to experience that. I guess I could charter a ride. Just started thinking about it recently :p

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
iGary, being the Macrumors pics thread whore that you are, you don't have any in that thread. I was kinda shocked, I figured you were white headed black man, about 275lbs. You surprised me :p :)

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
edesignuk said:
Very nice indeed. QVTR's always impress. Just 5 pics for the whole thing too?

Seven total - 6 around and one up.

I'm having fun with it - getting better at actually improving the image quality now (making the shots better), which is hard with this 8mm fisheye.

Thanks for the comments. It was a frustrating road getting here, but thanks to Cooknn and the Matt over at 360Precision it's a cinch now. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.