Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zonck

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2020
Hi all, asking here as I’m at my wits end!

I’d be interested to see if anyone else has encountered this problem and if they’ve any ideas on how to fix it.
I recently changed Apple ID (as Apple doesn’t allow you to change the iCloud email) and in doing so it appears to have broken Apple’s back-end identity management. I was allowed to change the sign on email of the new Apple ID to an email that had at one point been the sign on email as my previous Apple ID, which according to support shouldn’t have been possible.

In doing so it has totally screwed the identity management related to activity sharing. I can send invites that are never received, my friends who were sharing with me on my old Apple ID can no longer share with anyone. Invites I send or have sent to me are lost to the ether.
I’ve tried everything, I’ve deleted all of my health data (2 years worth!), restored to factory settings a million times, paired and repaired watches, signed in/out of my Apple ID and the problem persists.

Has anyone had a similar problem and if so how did you fix it? I’ve had a support ticket with Apple open since March and given them all the logs in the world but it seems a pretty insolvable problem for their engineers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.