Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crashfellow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
Gold Coast, Australia
I did a full reset of my phone after doing an iCloud backup (and have all my photos naturally uploaded to iCloud). Since then, none of my images have shown up in my photos app.

Steps i've taken
- Did a second reset
- Went into iCloud > Photos > Turned off iCloud Photo Library, Turned in Back on.

Notes
- When looking in the iCloud breakup, it shows my photos.
- I logged into iCloud.com and my photos are there.

Has apple changed it so rather then progressively downloading images, it waits and does one big download?
[doublepost=1506401106][/doublepost]Two seconds after posting this my images have started to download.. So i guess you can consider that fixed. Hopefully if anybody else has issues, perhaps the information above may in some small way help.

Reactions: orbital~debris

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
I've had this issue on both iPhones I've tried to setup this weekend. I found plugging in the charger started the download, so it's possible iOS is waiting until it's plugged in to update the photo library so the battery doesn't get destroyed.

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
I did a full reset of my phone after doing an iCloud backup (and have all my photos naturally uploaded to iCloud). Since then, none of my images have shown up in my photos app.

Steps i've taken
- Did a second reset
- Went into iCloud > Photos > Turned off iCloud Photo Library, Turned in Back on.

Notes
- When looking in the iCloud breakup, it shows my photos.
- I logged into iCloud.com and my photos are there.

Has apple changed it so rather then progressively downloading images, it waits and does one big download?
[doublepost=1506401106][/doublepost]Two seconds after posting this my images have started to download.. So i guess you can consider that fixed. Hopefully if anybody else has issues, perhaps the information above may in some small way help.

My photos on iOS 11 have resetted itself by clearing everything and redownloading a least 3 times. It’s odd.

Good thing is on the bottom of Photos tab, you can see if it’s updating, or there may br an option to “resume” with a tap. Also, it will sometimes pause to “battery saving,” even if you have 70%. Best solve is to plug in while you’re on wifi if the photos fail to redownload.

370zulu

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2014
I've had this issue on both iPhones I've tried to setup this weekend. I found plugging in the charger started the download, so it's possible iOS is waiting until it's plugged in to update the photo library so the battery doesn't get destroyed.

Same here. My Photos are about 13GB in total and without being plugged it, it refused to download even on a full battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.